How much time until the next KU tipoff?
KU Sports Basketball News
- Gameday Breakdown: No. 13 KU basketball vs. Nebraska - 12/16/2017
A look at some of the keys for 13th-ranked Kansas in Saturday's clash with former Big 12 foe Nebraska at Pinnacle Bank Arena in Lincoln, Nebraska. <strong>By Matt Tait</strong>
- DA won’t file rape charges from incident at KU basketball dorm; no suspect ever identified after alcohol-filled party - 12/15/2017
The Douglas County District Attorney’s Office will not file sex assault charges from a report that a 16-year-old girl was raped a year ago at the University of Kansas men’s basketball dorm.
- Tom Keegan: Malik Newman emerging from the haze of a concussion - 12/15/2017
“I was just looking at the paper the whole time. I mean, the words started looking like they were moving over the whole paper at the end. I’m sure I did well.” — Malik Newman talking about taking a final exam Monday, a day after he suffered a concussion in a loss to Arizona State at Allen Fieldhouse.
- KU coach Bill Self: 'We could become deep' in a hurry - 12/14/2017
Kansas basketball coach Bill Self on Thursday offered updates on three Jayhawks who have yet to play a minute for the team this season. He followed them up with an explanation for why constant questions about Sam Cunliffe, Billy Preston and Silvio De Sousa were worth addressing week after week, as all three continue to strive to get back on the court. <strong>By Matt Tait</strong>
- Tom Keegan: Sam Cunliffe realizes the year-long wait made him more ready for prime time - 12/13/2017
Take us inside what your mind, Sam Cunliffe, at the moment coach Bill Self calls on you to resume your career Saturday in Lincoln, Nebraska, after a full year as a practice player for Kansas. <strong>By Tom Keegan</strong>
- KU assistant pinpoints ways Jayhawks can improve defensively - 12/12/2017
Monday afternoon, a little more than 24 hours after watching the Jayhawks get torched by Arizona State at Allen Fieldhouse, Kansas basketball assistant Norm Roberts grabbed a couple of KU's younger players and had a conversation about defense. <strong>By Matt Tait</strong>
- Bill Self's hints of 'change' more complicated than just flipping a switch - 12/11/2017
Kansas basketball coach Bill Self did not earn his Hall of Fame jacket or eclipse the 600-win mark by being wishy-washy throughout his career. But after watching his team suffer back-to-back losses last week to Pac-12 teams Washington and Arizona State, he appears to be considering tweaking the way his team operates in order to create a more competitive and hungry roster. <strong>By Matt Tait</strong>
- Back-to-back losses drop KU to No. 13 in latest AP poll - 12/11/2017
Previously ranked No. 2 in the nation, KU’s men’s basketball team dropped all the way down to No. 13 in the new rankings released Monday.
- Notebook: Malik Newman leaves game with a concussion - 12/11/2017
When three Arizona State players and Sun Devils coach Bobby Hurley stepped into the Allen Fieldhouse media room to field questions about their 95-85 victory over No. 2 Kansas on Sunday afternoon, three of the four were wearing ASU warm-up shirts that simply read, “Guard U” on the front of them. <strong>By Matt Tait</strong>
- Tom Keegan: Jayhawks missing scoring spark off the bench - 12/10/2017
With no Josh Jackson on the scene to come to the defensive rescue of blown-by teammates and no Landen Lucas to lend timely help, Kansas has more defensive vulnerabilities than is typically the case. <strong>By Tom Keegan</strong>