I offer you this quote today to feed your heart, please your eye, tickle your funny-bone or mystify your mind. The images are my own photos. The quotes are randomly displayed once a day, changing at midnight. My invitation to you is to take what you like and let the rest go. If it pleases you, feel free to send it to a friend, download it and print it out or put it on your desktop. Ah, choices.
choice: noun, adjective, choic·er, choic·est.
- an act or instance of choosing; selection: She chose to choose a property by choosing a Realtor first.
- the right, power, or opportunity to choose; option: The couple exercised their choice of Realtors by going to www.cgruber.com.
- the person or thing chosen or eligible to be chosen: Charles is my choice.
- an alternative: There are other choices of Realtors, but this guy is my choice..
- something that is preferred or preferable to others; the best part of something: Gruber is the choice in Lawrence.
- a carefully selected supply: This town has a fine choice of Realtors, but there’s only one for me.
- worthy of being chosen; excellent; superior.
- (in the grading of Realtors in the U.S.) rated between prime and good.
Local Real Estate News
- Hometown Lawrence: Factors to consider in choosing an agent - 08/28/2015
While they often occur in tandem, buying and selling a house are two distinct processes that involve unique skill sets. Here are some tips about what to look for when choosing both a Buyer’s Agent and a Seller’s Agent from Nicholas Lerner, a realtor at McGrew Real Estate and winner of the Best of Lawrence Best Realtor award for 2015.
- Hometown Lawrence: Factors to consider before your next move - 08/21/2015
When moving to a new home, most people think do-it-yourself is cheaper. However, that is not necessarily true. Can you get enough people to help? What if your help damages to your stuff? There are the truck rental and fuel costs, plus trying to figure out just what size truck is needed.
- Hometown Lawrence: Lawrence real estate market continues to sizzle - 08/14/2015
June’s home sale numbers brought nothing but good news, with increases in both units sold and sale prices, as well as a strong jump in the number of new construction sales. These June numbers are indicative of a market that has been consistently strong for the first half of 2015.
- Hometown Lawrence: Understand coverage before purchasing homeowners warranty - 08/07/2015
Have you experienced the sense of relief when something breaks on your vehicle and you realize it is covered by the warranty? How would you like to have that same feeling when something goes wrong in your home?
- Hometown Lawrence: Navigating the early stages of your realtor search - 07/31/2015
There is no shortage of choices when it comes to finding a realtor, and selecting the right one for you can be overwhelming. Here are some tips about how to navigate the early stages of your realtor search from Nicholas Lerner, a realtor at McGrew Real Estate and winner of the Best of Lawrence Best Realtor award for 2015.
- Hometown Lawrence: Understanding real estate terms and abbreviations - 07/24/2015
Reading some real estate listings can be a challenge, not to mention the actual contract and loan information. Short sale, W/W crpt, ARM, lien… what does it all mean? This glossary may help ease some of the confusion.
- Hometown Lawrence: What homeowners should do when the power goes out - 07/17/2015
The world seems to stop when the power goes out — No humming appliances, yakking televisions or beeping electronic games. So much of our life is connected to electricity it is disconcerting when the connection is broken.
- Hometown Lawrence: Take steps to find the right home builder - 07/10/2015
For many new home buyers, the meaning of “new” means a house never lived in before and built to fit their specifications and lifestyle. If this is your dream, then you will need to hire a builder to make your vision a reality. How do you get started?
- Hometown Lawrence: Operation Homefront provides Baldwin City home to wounded vet, family - 11/07/2014
On Oct. 14, just three days before giving birth to her second son, wounded veteran Keara Torkelson and her husband, Joe, received the key to their mortgage-free home in Baldwin City. The home was awarded to them through the national non-profit Operation Homefront, which partnered with Wells Fargo Bank in Baldwin City to donate the home.
- Hometown Lawrence: Local real estate market stays consistent - 10/31/2014
September’s modest drop in overall home sales, coupled with sluggish new construction sales, reflects what has been the general course for Lawrence home sales in 2014.