I offer you this quote today to feed your heart, please your eye, tickle your funny-bone or mystify your mind. The images are my own photos. The quotes are randomly displayed once a day, changing at midnight. My invitation to you is to take what you like and let the rest go. If it pleases you, feel free to send it to a friend, download it and print it out or put it on your desktop. Ah, choices.
choice: noun, adjective, choic·er, choic·est.
- an act or instance of choosing; selection: She chose to choose a property by choosing a Realtor first.
- the right, power, or opportunity to choose; option: The couple exercised their choice of Realtors by going to www.cgruber.com.
- the person or thing chosen or eligible to be chosen: Charles is my choice.
- an alternative: There are other choices of Realtors, but this guy is my choice..
- something that is preferred or preferable to others; the best part of something: Gruber is the choice in Lawrence.
- a carefully selected supply: This town has a fine choice of Realtors, but there’s only one for me.
- worthy of being chosen; excellent; superior.
- (in the grading of Realtors in the U.S.) rated between prime and good.
Local Real Estate News
- Space-maximizing KU Studio 804 house open for public viewing on Saturday - 05/11/2017
Stay within a small lot. Incorporate repurposed materials. Keep it environmentally friendly. Ensure there’s enough storage. Design to be wheelchair-friendly. Oh, and make it look cool. These and other challenges were all in the equation for designing and building the latest product of the University of Kansas Studio 804 class. The sum is the new house at 1330 Brook St. in eastern Lawrence.
- At 50, once ‘luxurious’ Naismith Hall is turning its sales pitch to affordability - 01/22/2017
When it opened in 1966, Naismith Hall was billed as “luxurious living.” And it had a pricetag to match. “The unique design of this building will allow a maximum of study, living and recreational space — all with the greatest amount of individual privacy,” a 1965 Lawrence Daily Journal-World advertisement said. A room plus three meals per day cost $547.50 a semester, almost $200 more than a University of Kansas residence hall at the time, according to a 1966 article.
- Hometown Lawrence: Prepare your home to remain comfortable as you age - 02/26/2016
Are you dealing with that awkward age? No, not adolescence. For those at the tail-end of the baby boom generation (people born between 1946 and 1964), now is the time to consider the future of your home.
- Hometown Lawrence: Take the right steps to prep your home to sell - 02/19/2016
Homeowners can find it difficult to see their homes through the eyes of potential buyers. That dwelling you’ve called home for years might not be so appealing to someone looking to buy. What needs to be done to help the house sell for the best possible price?
- Hometown Lawrence: Take steps to ensure electrical safety in the home - 02/12/2016
Electricity is an essential element to everyday life. It also is one of the major causes of home fires in the country. According to the U.S. Fire Administration, fire departments respond to approximately 25,900 home electrical fires each year. These fires result in around $1.1 billion in property loss, and worse, 280 deaths and 1,125 injuries.
- Hometown Lawrence: Take steps to prevent household hazards - 02/05/2016
We like to think of our home as a safe place from the outside world. Still, there are dangers hiding inside we may not consider. These are just some of the more common home hazards and what to do about them.
- Hometown Lawrence: How to determine a home’s fair market value - 01/29/2016
If selling or refinancing your home is part of your 2016 agenda, you will need to know the fair market value of what is probably your biggest asset. This is the price a buyer will most likely agree to and you will find acceptable for the purchase of your house under normal circumstances.
- City's retail vacancy rate up slightly, but still below Kansas City, national average - 01/22/2016
Lawrence saw increased vacancies in retail spaces in 2015, especially downtown, but the city’s vacancy rate still remained well below the Kansas City metro area's rate and the national average, according to an annual study of such data.
- Hometown Lawrence: Steps to take in finding a home inspector - 12/04/2015
You’ve made an offer on your dream home. However, will the heating system last the winter? Is the wiring up to code? Are the roof and foundation structurally sound?
- Hometown Lawrence: Fireplace can warm a home in more ways than one - 11/27/2015
Few things take the chill off a winter evening than the warmth and ambiance of a crackling fire. If you have a working wood-burning fireplace, there are steps you need to take to ensure it will continue to provide warmth to your home.