I offer you this quote today to feed your heart, please your eye, tickle your funny-bone or mystify your mind. The images are my own photos. The quotes are randomly displayed once a day, changing at midnight. My invitation to you is to take what you like and let the rest go. If it pleases you, feel free to send it to a friend, download it and print it out or put it on your desktop. Ah, choices.
choice: noun, adjective, choic·er, choic·est.
- an act or instance of choosing; selection: She chose to choose a property by choosing a Realtor first.
- the right, power, or opportunity to choose; option: The couple exercised their choice of Realtors by going to www.cgruber.com.
- the person or thing chosen or eligible to be chosen: Charles is my choice.
- an alternative: There are other choices of Realtors, but this guy is my choice..
- something that is preferred or preferable to others; the best part of something: Gruber is the choice in Lawrence.
- a carefully selected supply: This town has a fine choice of Realtors, but there’s only one for me.
- worthy of being chosen; excellent; superior.
- (in the grading of Realtors in the U.S.) rated between prime and good.
Local Real Estate News
- Hometown Lawrence: Take steps to ensure electrical safety in the home - 02/12/2016
Electricity is an essential element to everyday life. It also is one of the major causes of home fires in the country. According to the U.S. Fire Administration, fire departments respond to approximately 25,900 home electrical fires each year. These fires result in around $1.1 billion in property loss, and worse, 280 deaths and 1,125 injuries.
- Hometown Lawrence: Take steps to prevent household hazards - 02/05/2016
We like to think of our home as a safe place from the outside world. Still, there are dangers hiding inside we may not consider. These are just some of the more common home hazards and what to do about them.
- Hometown Lawrence: How to determine a home’s fair market value - 01/29/2016
If selling or refinancing your home is part of your 2016 agenda, you will need to know the fair market value of what is probably your biggest asset. This is the price a buyer will most likely agree to and you will find acceptable for the purchase of your house under normal circumstances.
- City's retail vacancy rate up slightly, but still below Kansas City, national average - 01/22/2016
Lawrence saw increased vacancies in retail spaces in 2015, especially downtown, but the city’s vacancy rate still remained well below the Kansas City metro area's rate and the national average, according to an annual study of such data.
- Hometown Lawrence: Steps to take in finding a home inspector - 12/04/2015
You’ve made an offer on your dream home. However, will the heating system last the winter? Is the wiring up to code? Are the roof and foundation structurally sound?
- Hometown Lawrence: Fireplace can warm a home in more ways than one - 11/27/2015
Few things take the chill off a winter evening than the warmth and ambiance of a crackling fire. If you have a working wood-burning fireplace, there are steps you need to take to ensure it will continue to provide warmth to your home.
- Hometown Lawrence: Simple steps can reduce the cost of keeping your house warm - 11/13/2015
As the temperature drops outside, the cost of heating the inside can put a huge dent in the monthly budget. According to the Environmental Protection Agency, the average household spends approximately $2,200 on energy costs, with half going toward heating and cooling. Fortunately, there are ways to keep costs down while you heat up.
- Hometown Lawrence: Adding humidity can protect home furnishings - 11/06/2015
Dryer skin and hair, irritated nasal passages, dry throats, itchy eyes and static electricity are all signs of low humidity in the home. Besides upping the risk of respiratory illness, dry air also is detrimental to the home’s wooden furniture, floors and trim, which can crack and split.
- Mortgage rates holding steady at record low levels - 10/30/2015
Average long-term U.S. mortgage rates were slightly lower to unchanged this week amid expectations that the Federal Reserve isn't ready yet to raise its key short-term interest rate.
- Record-breaking Lawrence housing sales expected in 2016 - 10/29/2015
Lawrence is slated to end 2015 with its highest number of home sales in the past five years and is forecasted to have record-setting home sales in 2016, area Realtors were told Thursday.